Who Am I?
Why does my mind insist on waking up early on a morning I can sleep in?
No alarm was set.
No appointment to agonize over.
No kids to wake me up.
No dogs barking.
No 9-5 to report to.
I even crawled into bed late.
And fell asleep right away
I used to crave the day I could sleep in my own bed in a room with no one to share it with.
Oh how I longed to know the feeling of waking up because I felt I was
well rested physically,
mind at peace,
and a heart full of hope.
I used to imagine how my life would be had I been born white. In place of dreams about my wedding day and having children I dreamt about the privilege of something so basic as sleeping.
How delightful it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment